Individualized learning is more than a buzzword at Village Home. Whether you want to deepen understanding of a subject, or, manage to catch up in areas, one-on-one tutoring can be the most cost-effective and efficient way to do so. We understand that every person is a unique learner with your own learning style and preferences. One-on-one tutoring is the ultimate in personalized learning, allowing you to move at your own pace through material, in a way that is relevant to you.
During Covid, most tutoring sessions are held online via Zoom. Starting in Summer 2021, in-person sessions may be conducted with masks for the learner and the tutor and socially distanced.
Our tutors are experts at working with homeschoolers who are on independent learning paths. Most Village Home tutors are also classroom teachers at Village Home, so they have plenty of experience guiding all kinds of learners. Our tutors cover almost all subject areas and grade levels. All tutors are background checked and will meet you online, or on campus, or at another mutually agreed upon public location such as a public library, or a public coffee shop.
How do I Sign Up for Tutoring?
Choose the tutor whose expertise suits your needs and preferences. You may purchase one session, or several depending on your preference. To see our slate of tutors, and to schedule a complimentary 15-minute meet-and-greet phone or zoom session with a tutor. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meet-and-greet session. Please include the name of the tutor you are interested in meeting. complimentary If you need assistance selecting a tutor, contact our Tutor Coordinator, Aimee, at email@example.com or call 503-597-9100.
Fees vary somewhat, but typically:
$40 per 50-minute academic tutoring
$35 per 30-minute music lesson
Some specialty services, such as reading diagnostics and reading tutoring have special per session pricing.
- Refunds: Tutoring packages must be paid in full at time of registration. There are no refunds for tutoring sessions delivered. Tutoring sessions cannot be returned. If you feel your tutor is not a suitable match, please contact the Tutoring Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will help identify another tutor.
- Cancellation/Rescheduling: With 24-hour notice to the tutor of cancellation, your tutoring session may be rescheduled for no additional charge. If you fail to give notification and miss an appointment, you forfeit that session without a refund or rescheduling.
- No-shows: if you miss a session, or do not provide at least 24 hour notice you will not be refunded.
- Location: Tutoring sessions occur on the Village Home Campus, or at a mutually-agreed upon public venue.
- Parent Monitoring: Parents are welcome to observe tutoring sessions.
- Agreement: Tutoring clients are required to sign a waiver/agreement.
For more information: 503-597-9100, or email email@example.com