Hey, VH teens with time on your hands, and a resume’ or college application to build! We need your volunteer time and energy, and you need volunteer experience that is meaningful. It’s a win/win!
We invite you to apply to be a Classroom Assistant or a Middle Grounds Snack Shop Associate, and be a part of the positive learning experience for kids at Village Home! Learners at Village Home who are at least 14 years old are welcome to apply.
Here’s what a Classroom Assistant does:
1. Shows up 15 minutes before scheduled class to be sure the room is neat, and to help with set up.
2. Stays after class to clean up messes, put supplies away, etc (usually takes less than 15 minutes)
3. Helps the instructor during class as instructed. You may make copies, help pass out supplies, work directly with a group, or support an individual who is having a hard time staying focused on the work.
Here’s what a Middle Grounds Associate does:
1. Customer service at the counter – takes orders, collects payment, makes change
3. Keeps the area clean and follows all safety rules
4. Other things as assigned
Here’s what we need from you:
1. A complete application (here)
2. A positive, helpful attitude and a willingness to learn
3. Reliability so the instructor/Middle Grounds Manager can count on you
4. Minimum of a one-term commitment (some positions require a year-long commitment)
Here’s what you get:
1. A good feeling because you are giving back
2. A “letter of recognition” for being a volunteer at Village Home
3. Leadership experience serving young people
4. Experience following directions
Ready to apply? We are excited to give you this opportunity to serve your community in such an important way!